There are several reasons why you should choose us over the other motorcycle training schools in NJ;
The primary reason is that we teach the MSF courses beyond the minimum standard. Our instructors, because of their extensive training, have a deeper understanding of the course material that will help you better understand the material and retain the information to help you be a smarter, safer rider. Most of the instructors in the State of NJ have not received this additional, extensive training. Our instructors want you to receive more than just a motorcycle license/endorsement after taking the class.
Here are some other reasons why our instructors are the best in the State;
1) They don't yell or scream at you. (The biggest complaint about other motorcycle schools. Their instructors will yell at you if you're not doing something correctly). Our instructors know you're learning a new skill. They have the extra patience to work with you and know what to say and do to help you improve without yelling at you.
2) They don't dismiss you quickly if you are struggling during the first few practice riding exercises. (The second biggest complaint about other motorcycle schools. Their instructors are in it for the money and want to get home quickly. They don't want to spend the extra time that may be needed to help you). Our instructors like to get paid too but they are dedicated to helping you learn how to ride a motorcycle and avoid a crash.
3) Our instructors are professional instructors. Almost all of our instructors have years of experience teaching in other fields. Some currently are/or were dance instructors, grammar school teachers, high school teachers, college professors, scuba instructors, airplane instructors, driving instructors, corporate trainers, salespeople, sales trainers, seminar leaders. They know how to impart new knowledge so that you retain it, ease your anxieties and make learning fun. They also give you the best techniques to help you avoid a crash.
4) Our instructors are required to take an adult-learning workshop every year to stay up-to-date with the latest techniques in the adult-learning, learner-centered field.
To see who our instructors are, click here.
1) We have a variety of different sized motorcycles in our fleet; 125cc Honda Monkeys, 125cc Honda Groms, 125cc Kawasaki Pros, two 200cc Suzuki Van Vans, a 250cc Suzuki GZ and a 310 BMW. These motorcycles are considered to be the best training motorcycles for the BRC1.
2) We keep them in good running condition despite the dents, scratches and nicks. We have certified motorcycle mechanics inspect and service our training motorcycle weekly and they get a full service every year after the training season. Some of the training motorcycles at other motorcycle schools are too big and heavy, have broken levers which can cause an injury, have bald tires which can cause a crash, are in terrible running condition. (The third biggest complaint about other motorcycle schools).
Our classroom is air-conditioned and heated with vending machines that provide food and beverages. Our practice riding location is free of potholes, large cracks, sticky tar strips, weeds, gravel, sand and other hazardous debris. Some of the other training locations in NJ look like a war zone. Our training location is a great and safe learning environment with a beautiful mountain as a backdrop. Our site is considered by many to be the best site in the State.
At the end of every class, we have our students rate our motorcycle school with SurveyMonkey. Our overall rating is a 9.8 out of 10. As of this date (3/25/17), we've trained over 7,000 students. No other school has a better rating than us.
In 2019, the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) recognized us as one of the most successful motorcycle training schools in the country and asked us to explain what we do at the 2019 MSF Conference in Ohio in September.
Ask any one of our former students where you should take the course and every one will say "The Riding Academy of NJ - nowhere else". And some of our students have taken courses at other motorcycle schools. That's why we don't do much advertising or have a booth or table at motorcycle-related events. Our students do the advertising for us. They are walking, talking billboards for us.
We are the only motorcycle training school in the State of NJ that offers refunds. Check out our Cancellations and Refunds page to see what they are.
AND we are the only motorcycle training school in the State of NJ that offers a free retest if you don't pass the Skill Test on the first attempt. Some motorcycle schools offer no retests and some charge a fee to retest.
We also offer a 10% discount to active and retired military, police, firefighters and EMTs. We appreciate them putting their life on the line for others. Some of our instructors are retired military, active and retired police, active and retired firefighters, active and retired EMTs. We know what you do.
We also offer a $100 discount to under-graduates of MSU and a $75 discount to other under-graduate college students. We want to introduce them to the joy of motorcycling at an affordable price.
And we also offer a special discount for immediate family members who take the course together. The family that rides together, stays together.
We worked hard to be the best motorcycle training school in NJ by hiring and training the best instructors in the State, and by offering some features and benefits that no other motorcycle training school in NJ offers. And we work even harder to stay the best. Take the course with us and you'll see why we're the best in the State of NJ.
Our mission is to help reduce motorcycle crashes in the State of NJ by providing quality rider education to all NJ residents with quality training motorcycles provided by reputable motorcycle dealerships in NJ at a quality training location in NJ. Our vision is motorcycles sharing the road with other roadway users with zero crashes.
Powered by GoDaddy
All of our classes for 2021 are sold out. Follow us on Instagram and/or Facebook for any cancellations.
A schedule of our courses for 2021 is posted on the Course Schedule page.
The answers to most of your questions are on this website if you take the time to read it thoroughly.
Follow us on Eventbrite, Instagram and/or "Like" us on Facebook for updates.